Anna loves to climb trees lately.
There is a tree near our place that she likes to hang from one of its branches. I walked down with the girls so they could take turns hanging from the branch. I noticed a women drive by in her car and slow down as she passed. She rounded the corner and then I saw her stop, put her car into reverse and then the following conversation ensued.
Woman: "You shouldn't let them hang from that branch."
Me: Why not?
Woman: "It might break" (The branch was not going to break)
Me: "They only weight like 30 pounds, I think it is going to be ok."
Woman: "The tree can still feel it though."
Oh my!
There are some people that I just will never understand.
It is people like this who make me not want to recycle just to spite them!





6 comments:
that is hilarious. there are crazies like that here. i am a "go green" fan, but definitely not to that extent in the slightest!!! hahahahahahaha.... wow.
Jamie I'm quite shocked that you actually were so insensitive to that tree. I thought you were differrent. I guess I never really knew you. And especially to teach your girls such cruelty is too much. I definitey need to rethink this friendship.
p.s.
I'm thinking of going to Magnolia today; its supposed to be hot; wanna go?
Have you seen the movie, Knotting Hill with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant?
"And these carrots?"
"Yes. They have been murdered."
- love that part.Reminded me of that lady.
That definitely sheds light on why they are called "tree huggers"
Oh my lanta, did you inform her that her car was hurting the tree more than lil' Anna and Brooke could have ever done. That's a legit claim right. That's my sis, speakin her mind, just watch your back now, who knows what she'll do to you now. :o)
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing so the rest of us can have a good chuckle :)
Post a Comment