From a very early age my mom and I always spent time together in the garden. She taught me to love digging in the dirt, planting flowers, pulling weeds, watering, trimming, pruning, harvesting. I was mowing the lawn from 10 years old and really enjoyed it! There is something so satisfying about seeing the results of your hard work. Picking fruits and vegitables or just enjoying beautiful flowers and plants that you've worked so hard to take care of. I really look forward to the time when our family has our own home and I can have a yard and garden to work in.
I wanted to share these funny pictures that my mom had on her BLOG. My mom and Alain have a great garden in Rexburg and they've been harvesting some of their bounty. Just wanted share some of the funnier ones they found. Enjoy!
Mom wrote, "I pulled a group of carrots out of the ground, turned on the hose to wash them (before tearing the tops off), and what to my surprise... two carrots hugging. It is after all a very dark and dirty world...even for a carrot."
Mickey Strawberry





9 comments:
How funny!! Didn't know growing a garden could have such fun and original results!
Uh. What kind of mutated things grow in Idaho (besides Aaron of course)...? (No, there is no bound to my Idaho aspersions.);) You guys'd better stay here in Oregon where things are...um, organic.
I love these pictures! Jon loves gardening and since we don't have much yard he gardens at his parents house on his lunch hour and weekends! We had a fun carrot this year. Should have taken a picture, but didn't. Not the same to try to describe it, but let's just say it was a male carrot!
It's nice to know we're not the only one harvesting devil tomatoes :) Way funny.
So funny! I've never seen anything quite like that! I'm with you about gardening. I didn't do a whole lot growing up, but have loved learning so much from Kyle (his grandpa is a farmer). It's incredibly satisfying. Love the pics.
I made my blog private. I need you to send me your email address so I can invite you! Send it to
auinala@hotmail.com
Thanx!!!
Those pictures are awesome.
Oh my gosh, those tomato devils are hilarious!
Those are so weird! I am glad you took a pictures of those-they made me laugh!
Post a Comment