I love Fall !
The leaves are starting to change colors, the cooler weather is coming, (Today is 95, yuck) soccer is underway, Aaron is not living at the office, (yeah) and I am feeling crafty!
My friend Ali, (Click on her name to see her blog) who has a hilarious, and inspiring blog, wrote the other day about how she isn't very craft savvy and usually copies other people's great ideas. Um.... that is me! I love to find other peoples wonderful finds or ideas and see if I could pull it off.
(I have no idea why this font is so big...my computer will not let me change it)
Well that is what I did recently. While blog hopping I found THIS blog. I sent a quick email out to a few other crafty friends to see if anyone else wanted to join in. A few of us planned a night and off we went. They turned out great and I just wanted to share. We decided to tackle Halloween but are looking forward to Happy Birthday or Valentine banners.

(It also reverses to "beware" on the back, so it can be hung in a place where it will be seen on both sides)
(It also reverses to "beware" on the back, so it can be hung in a place where it will be seen on both sides)
(FYI: Total cost: $4)
(Oh my, I need to dust, don't blow up that picture and judge me)
I also made this little guy and he turned out so cute I think I'm going to go back and make a little family of glittered skulls. I forgot to take a picture of the before. I used Martha Stewart glitter.
Click HERE for a tutorial
I am also in the process of sewing the girls Halloween costume. My talented (and patient) friend Wendy offered to help me make them. I hope she doesn't regret offering when we're all done! Stay tuned for the most adorable Snow White the Cinderella ever!





9 comments:
Go Jamie! It so much cheaper and even more fun when it's homemade!
I totally agree!! I love copying what others do...I lack in the creative department (I feel). Maybe we all feel this way? I love the banner- and the skull!!
I love all the crafty things you and the other girls make. I think I'm about at the point where I have too much but I still love to see what everyone is doing. The banner is great!
they turned out darling! I can't wait to see the girls halloween costumes all finished!
so cute! thanks for the idea! I did the glitter skulls last year, brady loves them! but im so excited to do the banner! thanks for the tutorial!
Look at you go! Love the banner. I am too in a crafty mood however I find myself with no time. Its either Primary, or the ward cookbook, or Harry's surgery, or planning my reunion, or planning and doing the service project, or my sister's bridal shower and wedding, or....the list doesn't end. I need a crafty retreat weekend. Way to go on all your crafts, the look awesome!
Love the banner!
I'm a copier too and not ashamed of it! I just found this cute site http://poppyseedprojects.com/blocks.html
I haven't made these yet, but if they can sell them for that cheap I figure I can make them for cheaper and have a fun girls night while I'm at it. Just thought I'd share!
That's so funny...my neighbor and I are making happy birthday banners right now! Maybe we should make a halloween one too...
I LOVE FALL TOO!!! I can't wait to try glittering a scull, yours turned out great... it gives me hope to know other people can do it, besides Martha. I bought green glitter after Christmas and have been trying to find something to use it on.
Those gardening picture were fun. I wish I had more of a green thumb.
Post a Comment