
Disclaimer: For Journaling purposes
As many have written, conference was great this week-end. It is always the re-fuel that I need. I was telling Aaron that when I was a teen-ager I didn't really look forward to conference that much. The main reason was probably because growing up we didn't have TV so we had to get dressed in our church clothes and watch conference at the stake center with all the missionaries. Kind of lame when your 15.
This past week-end I would have given anything to be able to sit in a quiet chapel and listen to the inspiring words that were spoken. Instead I tried to listen while simultaneously trying to entertain the girls. I found myself cleaning up breakfast and listening from the other room when the story of Mary and Martha from the bible came to mind. I had a distinct thought, "this can wait... go listen to conference." I was glad that I followed that prompting and was truly uplifted by the talks and the music. Speaking of the music... I love the choirs. Each session the music was amazing. I found myself getting choked up on every song, especially when the children sang. I loved the hope and the optimism that was conveyed. There is so much in the world to be worried about and sometimes I tend to focus on those things. The talks were a great reminder of the blessings that we all have, and those things that we can do as individuals, parents, and spouses to help keep ourselves and our families protected from the influences of the adversary.
This morning after I dropped off Anna at pre-school I took Brooklyn on a walk. It was a beautiful day, there was morning rain but now the sun was shining so bright. I just felt happy. It wasn't that the concerns on my mind went away, it was that I focused on all that I have. I have a beautiful family, we are all healthy, Aaron has a great job, we have a place to live that keep us protected from the cold and rain. If my girls get sick I can take them to the doctor. We have healthy food to eat and clean running water. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. Our ward building is 2 minutes from our house. We have a temple within 25 minutes from our home. Our family can be together forever. These last couple days I have heard some really sad stories that have happened to people that I know. A friend of my sister in laws', 1 yr old little boy died after being trapped underneath their luv sak bean bag. She gave birth a week later to a daughter. What strength they must have had and what faith in the plan of salvation. I have been blessed so much and this weekend my faith and commitment to my Savior and my family was re-newed. There is so much I have to work on and I am thankful that each day I can try again to do just a little better.
4 years ago





7 comments:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jamie. I loved conference and the spirit was sooo strong I was tearing up much of the time (not to be blamed on hormones either). I told Chad over the weekend that I didn't listen to conference or enjoy it much as a youth (I wish I had) but now I don't want to miss a minute of it! We are so fortunate.We are lucky we have our faith and the knowledge of the gospel. I just think about how lost we would be without it.
You are a great mother, wife, and friend and I am glad for your kind, comforting ways. Despite what you may be feeling at any point in time, you ALWAYS lend an empathetic ear for others to speak to in the midst of frustration. Thanks for your frienship and thanks for being you.
I enjoyed your post and totally felt the same way after listening to conference....so blessed and uplifted! We seriously are so blessed with all that we have, and need conference to remind us of that cuz it's so easy to focus on the problems or things we wish were fixed, when really we have so much to be thankful for!
Wasn't conference amazing? I just love President Monson, I hope I can be just a tiny bit like him some day. I love the childrens choir. They were so sweet and sang some of my favorite Primary songs. Thanks for sharing.
I tagged you!
thanks for sharing your thoughts. conference really was amazing. it means so much more to me now that we live so far from our family and utah in general.It is always a powerful reminder of how much our Heavenly Father loves us.
Good thoughts! Adam and I went to the church on Sunday and I think we should go every time, because it really was so great and so much easier to focus. Their was hardly anybody there too. Our neighbors and their kids came with us and Adam is baptising them tomorrow!!
I loved this post. Thanks Jamie.
Post a Comment