Tuesday, March 1, 2011

look who's turning 5!

Dear Brooklyn,
Today you turn 5.  Boy time has gone by too fast. You are such a joy in our family. You are easy going and mellow. You love to just be home and hang out together. You love preschool and learning.  You have the most vivid imagination I have ever seen. Sometimes dad and I worry because you have a lot of imaginary friends. They all have names and very different personalities. You tell us everyday about the kind of dream you had that night.  I would say 6 out of 7 nights you also end up in our bed.  We are trying desperately to break you of this habit but you love to snuggle dad.  You have a hard time when he works so much this time of year.  You are always asking for big squeezes from him and snuggles whenever he is home.  
When I asked you what you wanted for your birthday dinner you very thoughtfully replied,

"Pizza and a meat and cheese sandwich." 

Dad and I just smiled.

You love Carter so much. You are always so concerned if he is crying, or getting into something he isn't supposed to be. You love to pick him up and he always seems to cry but you don't care.  I hope you two are pals. 

Our favorite song to sing together is You are my sunshine and you truly are!  Dad and I pray that you continue to grow strong in mind, body and especially spirit.
She loves her thumb and her fringe on her blanket
You had no fear at the beach and wanted to catch these little sandcrabs. Anna wouldn't go anywhere near them. (Seaside, OR 2010)
Shooting with dad
(summer 2010)
December 2010
First day of preschool 


Halloween 2010
Summer 2010
Paige, Ellie, Anna, Brooklyn
Raspberry milkshake mustaches

4 comments:

Kristy E.B. said...

What a beautiful and sweet girl Brook is! We sure miss her and all of you guys around here!

Each Life that Touches Ours for Good said...

So happy I could watch you blow out your candles and open your presents. I love you to the moon and back!

Rachel said...

Ditto to Kristy's comment! She is a wonderful little spirit!

Unknown said...

Too cute, Brookee it was so fun snuggling with you on Nana's couch and playing school with the teddy bears down stairs. I sure love your sweet spirit. Love you see you soon.