Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Families are Forever

On Friday February 4, 2011, my step-dad Alain died in an off-road motorcycle accident.  I have been contemplating what I would write about these last few weeks, and words just don't seem to be enough.

 I know that Alain knew how I felt about him. I loved him just as a daughter would love a father. I also never doubted how he felt about me.  He always treated me like his daughter.  He loved me, guided me, taught me, laughed with me, cried with me, corrected me with gentleness, loved my children, and was truly one of the greatest examples of Christlike service and love of anyone I have ever met. 

My testimony of the plan of Salvation has been strengthed. I know where he is. I know that I will see him again. I know my children will be able to see their papa again. I miss him more than words can express.









12 comments:

meg said...

Jamie, thank you for your sweet testimony. We've been thinking about you guys and hope you will continue to be strengthened and lifted up for a long time yet. It is definitely times like these the gospel becomes the sweetest.

Kristy E.B. said...

I've been thinking about you too and hope your family is coping alright, especially your mom. You're in our prayers!

Luke said...

I am so sorry about your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I appreciate you sharing your thoughts about family. You are absolutely right. Hang-in there and enjoy your new house. We may have to come and visit one of these days when we are in Rigby.
love,
Jill

Denise Stears said...

Alain was such an amazing guy. I am so sorry for your loss. It was such a wonderful funeral too. He will surely be missed. I love the pictures, they are so pretty, especially the temple one. I remember seeing that in the newspaper the next day. He was surely loved by many. Thank goodness for the gospel, I think it makes things a little better knowing that you will see him again.

Meagan Cooper said...

Jamie, our constant prayers are with you and your family. I am terrible with having the right words to try to comfort, (reason I didn't bring up your loss at downeast...)but know that we are thinking of you. Hopefully you will come and visit your mom alot, so that I get to see you. Families are Forever!

Melissa said...

Our thoughts and prayers have been with your sweet family since we've heard about your step dad. What a blessing it must have been to be with your parents, before his passing.

p.s. those pictures are gorgeous. and thanks for your sweet testimony.

Ellingsons said...

Beautiful words. Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing. You and your whole family have been in my thoughts often.

Rachel said...

the bird house picture really gets me. I remember when they made that!

Tiffany said...

Oh, Jamie. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. We love you all.

Erin said...

he was such a great man. my mom and I were talking about how everyone needs a dad/grandpa like that man! I'm so sorry for your loss. give your mom hugs and kisses for me!

Taunya and Ian said...

There are no words to express my sorrow for you and your family. I am grateful that you have the gospel in your life and the testimony that you KNOW you will see him again. Sometimes it doesn't make the pain go away but it can make it easier to bear. Your words are beautiful and the pictures are beautiful. Please know that you are loved and the Lord loves you and will be there for you.

audra garrett said...

I'm so sorry Jamie. I only met Alain a couple of times, but I remember thinking what a nice guy he was. I read in his obituary that he has a son here in the Augusta area. He would be in our Stake. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you and your family. Love you guys!