To the little girls who made me a mother,
and the little boy who we are so anxious to meet
I love this picture because a bog barked right as Aaron was taking the picture. Easily distracted I guess.
I had a great day. The weather couldn't have been better. The girls made me wonderful homemade cards and crafts, and sang me personalized happy mother's day songs at breakfast. Aaron got up with the girls and made me a great breakfast of french toast, bacon, and eggs even though I was suddenly jolted out of a peaceful slumber by the smoke alarms going off not once but three times. Oh how I love a man in the kitchen. Then I was further surprised to receive a mother's day email from my sweet husband telling me all sorts of sweet things. I had to laugh because that is such progress for Aaron. Besides the nice sentiments he informed me that new stud diamond earrings were coming for me (I lost one in Utah and was devastated, they were my favorite and a gift from him a couple of Christmas's ago)
I am so grateful to be a mom. It is not always easy. Actually, many times I realize that I don't know what I am doing and that I am really not doing a good job. I'm not going to pretend that it is always Rosy and I don't ever raise my voice and my kids never talk back and we always read scriptures and say our prayers. Each day though I try to do better. To do one thing better than I did the day before. We have such a big job as mother's to these little spirits. Each day I get to wake up and try again and each night they eventually fall asleep and I get to fall in love with them all over again. What a privilege and responsibility.
Happy Mother's Day to all the women who help show me what it means to be a true woman and mother!





8 comments:
Haha! Meg woke up to a smoke alarm too. Aaron and I must have gone to the same cooking school. I'm glad you guys are getting sunshine too. Last week was way too cold for May.
Whoa! Red has unsuspected depths! For the first time EVER Doug got up and made me breakfast too. And that was HUGE! Your words about motherhood are too true! And lucky for the little ones that they are cute when they sleep so we can start fresh the next day... :) You are a wonderful Mom and I'm glad to be your friend. Mwah, mwah! (air kisses)
you absolutly glow in that picture! you are a great mom and your little ones are very lucky. happy mothers day.
You are a great mama, and what cute matching dresses the girls have on! Love you
You look so beautiful Jamie!! I love your hair. The girls are pretty precious. Love their dresses. Love you guys!!!
Jamie, you are a wonderful mother! I can't believe we were in Utah at the same time...I didn't check the blogs before our trip because we were so busy! Good luck moving into your new home.
Happy Mother's Day to you (last Sunday)! I hope some day I will get that blessing
such great pictures of you beautiful ladies! And holy cow, your hair is so long--you look great, that pregnancy glow is definitely there!
Post a Comment