Yesterday I overdid it
I woke up feeling rested and ready for the new day and week. I had many things on my "to-do" list. Monday is my bathroom day so after I got the girls going for the day (Breakfast, teeth brushing, morning jobs) I got to work.
I love a clean bathroom! Then I put in a load of laundry. I have a new system where I do loads more often so that it doesn't seem to takeover. It seems to multiply like rabbits in the closet if it get ignored for too long.
Next I got Anna to the bus.
Then Herbie came over for our weekly swap. (Ciara and I swap every other Monday so we can volunteer in our daughters kinder class. ) He was not happy. After a half hour of hysterics he calmed down and we made lunch and then headed to target.
While leaving target I accidentally turned onto a street into oncoming traffic. Geeze! Where is my brain?
Came home
Started dinner.
3pm: Six little girls show up for craft club. We were going to be attempting paper mache. It was a little ambitious. Umm... a lot ambitious! Luckily my friends Kristy offered to stay and help and boy and I am glad she did because it never would have been possible without her there.
4:30 girls leave.
Finish dinner and wait for Aaron to get home so we can eat together for once.
Bedtime. Is that an exhausting process for anyone else? It just about does me in each night. I looked down and suddenly saw what I looked like. I had food all crusted on my shirt. Water spots on the belly after doing dishes and paper mache paste crusted all over my shirt and jeans. Ahhh, the proof of a long hard days work.
8 pm: Girls are finally asleep and Aaron and I sit down to watch the season finale of Chuck.
Me feet were throbbing, my back hurt. I had to fight off dozing several times.
I hate that doing "normal" household jobs are wiping me out lately. I still have 2 long months and I am learning that I need to pace myself. I feel myself getting bigger and sleeping is more uncomfortable than ever. I told my doctor the other day that I feel like an old lady at the ripe old age of 26. She did say it was my 3rd pregnancy. My sciatic nerve has been a real problem the last month or so and makes simple tasks like bending over to pick things up, getting up from sitting, or walking up my stairs really uncomfortable sometimes. I know every pregnant woman goes through things and my point is not to complain for sympathy. I just want to document reality of motherhood. I tend to forget overtime. What a special thing it is to be pregnant though. This morning he was moving little crazy. So much it almost hurt he was stretching so much. Wow! What a miracle it is that this little person is growing within me.
Lets just say today I am going to take it easy. Aaron is out of town for work for a few days and the weather is still pretty rainy and yucky, so I think a little vegging is in order.
Lets just say today I am going to take it easy. Aaron is out of town for work for a few days and the weather is still pretty rainy and yucky, so I think a little vegging is in order.





8 comments:
Sorry your day was so stressful. I was ready for a nap when I got home from craft class too and my shirt was also covered in paper mache. We can survive 8 more weeks!!
Oh man, you are one busy mom. You deserve a weekend away before that baby comes where you do nothing but get pampered.
Oh, it's my fault... I left my kid too- and longer than the others! Sorry there was so much to do and so little time and energy.
honestly Jamie, you have the cutest pregnant belly! all that wearing on your body, though, sorry about that :(
Bed time is the pits...especially when you're on your own. I know how that is. Marc usually gets home on average at 8:00. I think sometimes we think we need to fill our day with all of these things but really, none of it matters. The dishes don't if it means your insanity is gone. You deserve a break, don't watch kids, don't craft, don't do a thing...just be mom. You'll feel better when you do. Only for a day or two though, then you go insane because you're so behind!! (I know from personal experience). Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
I need a nap after hearing about your busy day. I love the belly shot. You are a trooper, hope you're getting lots of rest too....yeah I know, when you're lucky to grab it. You look beautiful, by the way.
~Mandy
i hear ya sister. Can I just copy and paste your post...cause it's exactly how I'm feeling these days! Some days I wonder, how in the world am I going to survive the next 2 months!? It's nice to know you're right there, enduring it too!
Ooooh... I had one of those days recently. Its so hard not being able to do your usual routine. All for a good cause. My sciatic nerve has been driving me crazy too. I never had a problem with the two other girls. Kudos to you for being such a fun mom despite pregnancy exhaustion!
Post a Comment