2 bacon slices 1 can Corn
2-3 chicken Breasts 1/2 C Flour
1 C Chopped Onion 2 cups milk
1 C diced red ball pepper 3/4 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Clove of garlic- minced 1/2 t. Salt
4 1/2 C Chicken Broth 1/4 t. pepper
1 3/4 C. diced, peeled, potato
1. Cook bacon in pan over med-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and crumble. Set aside. Add chicken, onion, bell pepper, and garlic to drippings in pan, saute 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add corn and stir well.
2. Pour flour into a bowl. Slowly add milk stirring with a whisk until blended- add to soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Top with bacon.
* This was the exact recipe. I vary it a little. This last time I used one large can of canned chicken because I didn't have any breasts on hand. It works just as well. I also transfer the soup to a crockpot after adding the corn and then add the milk later to thicken. As it simmers it thickens. It also freezes well! Enjoy!
4 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment