This past weekend three of my dearest friends from Portland made the long trek out to good ol' Eastern Idaho. I have always commented that we had the best group of friends when we lived out there. We were each others family. So many other friends couldn't make it and were missed, but boy did we have a great time. One bummer was that it pretty much rained the whole time they were here. We did have a few moments of gorgeous weather that we were grateful for though. We were able to walk around BYU-Idaho a bit while Naomi and I reminisced about our days there and how much it has changed. We also did plenty of shopping which was fun. The gals got a whole bunch and I resisted until I get my waist back.
Eating at the Texas road house. Boy did we eat! Steak, Salmon, chicken and endless hot rolls with honey butter. We could have stayed all night .Yum Yum
Feeding the fish
We went to a place called warm river that isn't to far from where we live. I think at first they thought, "Oh fun....feed some fish." Once we got there though they realized why it is so neat. You stand on a little dock next to the most picturesque river and mountain side and feed literally dozens and dozens of river trout that never ever leave. People bring marshmallows, bread and dog food to feed the fish. Rachel was trying so hard to take a picture to send Chad because she knew he wouldn't believe it!
Visiting the beautiful Rexburg Temple
Here is Lisa at the famous Big Juds restaurant. They have the best greasy homemade fries and burgers as big as your head. Lets just say that we were glad we shared that one.
What a weekend we had. We stayed up late, laughed until we couldn't breath, did nails and each others makeup, cooked together and just enjoyed our time like the good old days. Thanks Naomi, Rachel and Lisa for such a great time!





5 comments:
Glad you girls had such a great time! You should come visit us here sometime!
Oh, I have regret about being distracted while seeing the conference center! It was so cool though! I had a wonderful time, and I am so glad we got to see you! Thank you for having us! I still can't get that image out of my head of Naomi playing playdough, Lisa doing math, and you know the rest, sister:D Chad wants to come back to eat that burger and fish- so do I! Love ya!
Wish I could have come along
So fun! I love time with great girlfriends.
i have those same exact pics at the mesa falls visitor center! so nice to have great friends!
Post a Comment