Tuesday, February 7, 2012

thses are a few of my favorite things

Some of my most favorite items/products have come from a suggestion of a friend, or on a blog where someone was raving about something they loved. I thought it would be fun to highlight some of my favorite things that may help or inspire you!

The first one I am going to "feature" is a book that was given to me by one of my best friends, Maurisa years ago.  It is called Sink Reflections. 
I have to say that at the time I didn't think I was in dire need of a book to help me organize my chaotic life. I was not offended at the gift and actually was quite grateful for it, especially after I started to read.  I should admit that I don't follow everything she suggests, and she even says that she doesn't expect you to.  She calls them " Baby Steps" and I love it because she reiterates over and over that you don't need to feel like you need to do everything today... or all at once. 

Some of the biggest changes I have made from the book is finding out what made me feel in control of my life and my home. (She doesn't just talk about your home, but things you can do to feel better about yourself)  I learned that I need to wake up to a clean kitchen. Mind you, it doesn't always happen but I would say that because I've made it a priority it does 90% of the time.  I also have come to the conclusion that my home is not going to be perfectly clean and organized all of the time. Especially when we have young children at home. There are more but you get the idea.  Two of my favorite quotes from the book are

"You can't organize clutter"
&
"Even incomplete cleaning blesses your family"

I won't go on and on but I would highly recommend this book. I know that you can be helped by this book or you probably know someone who could. It is an easy enjoyable read so I hope you'll check it out!

You can order the book HERE 

She also has a website 

www.flylady.net

Stay tuned next time for one of my favorite makeup products!

2 comments:

Ali said...

I agree with what you wrote! My day is so much better if it begins with a clean kitchen :) Also, I've learned that I don't like coming home from Church to a mess. Thanks for the book recommendation :)

Tiffany said...

I love flylady. I was so much better at it before we had kids but even if all I get done is shine my sink, I still feel better! I love that you're posting your favorite things- it's so fun!