Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Favorite things- #3

Any of you who know me well, know how much I love to bake and cook.  Granted that it often depends on how much time I have left over once I've taken care of the other bagillion things I have on the list. I do pride myself in cooking for my family 98% of the time and really feel like dinner should be more of our prioroty in our families. I love to try new recipes and attempt to bake things I've never tried before.

My favotite baking book of all time is called,

The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book
I know not everyone has heard of America's test kitchen. Basically it is a kitchen/group that tests recipes over and over and over again figuring out what makes the best cookies/roast/bannana bread etc.  I am a geek because I always DVR their show on PBS. Check it out if you want to see them in action.

They recommend not only recipes but test different products so they can recommend the best tools for in the kitchen.

I have never made a recipe out of this book that I haven't loved! Each recipe (they're are over 700)  has step by step instructions with  great pictures and helpful hints. I will warn you  that if you do get the book you might say to yourself, "Jamie this book is asking me to do some silly & time consuming things."  Don't be discouraged, they really and do-able, ... and they have tested these recipes sometimes dozens of times to get it perfect. Trust them!!!  Even if you already bake or want to get started check out my favorite baking book. You'll never need another! 


1 comments:

Rachel said...

k, my birthday is coming! JK. But I may have to get it since I seriously trust all you 'favorite things!' What can I say, we just have similar style!