Tuesday, April 27, 2010

When it rains... it pours

Well that is really true here is Portland.  Really, it never seems to stop raining here.  Not a little rain... monsoon rain. Anyhow I didn't log on to talk about weather patterns in the Northwest, even though it is crazy. 

This week is insane.  We are moving to a new house and everyone knows what that entails.  I have been packing and cleaning and packing some more for weeks now. I think that the hardest part has been just figuring out what I can pack and do without for a little while and what we still need. Every time I pack something of the girls, they have a huge meltdown and I have to convince them that everything is just being moved to the new house not given away. (Anna may be traumatized though because I did give away her favorite teddy bear to goodwill while trying to dejunk. That is another post though)  On top of trying to move I am leaving out of town to Utah tomorrow morning for 4 days to attend women's conference at BYU with my mom, Angela, Michelle, and my sister in law Amanda.  I am so excited but the timing is really bad. Every keeps saying, "Oh you planned that well so you could get out of moving."  This trip has been planned for months, and believe me the control freak side of me really wants to be here to sure that everything gets done my way. Then on top of that Aaron has supposed to be able to take off the days I am going to be gone but found out last minute that he had to work more than we would like, adding another dimension of stress to this scenario. Thank goodness for great friends who are stepping in to help watch the girls and help out with our move. 

In baby news, I am 7 months this week and starting to feel the little aches and pains of pregnancy.  I have been having a little pain caused by my sciatic nerve but luckily that just comes and goes and is not constant.  Sleeping is also getting uncomfortable too. I am a tummy sleeper and so sleeping all night on one side is doing a number on my hips.  Despite all that I love this little miracle that is growing inside my body. I have heard to many times lately about babies dieing during pregnancy, birth defects or moms hemorrhaging after birth. I know that these things happen, (even though it seems more prevalent when you are pregnant. Probably because you are so much more paranoid and aware) and really there isn't anything I can do about these events, but I pray each day for a healthy little boy and a strong body for carry him full term.  I love it each and every time I feel him move inside me. It reassures me and gives me peace.  Heavenly Father has blessed our little family more than we can say. I have so much to be thankful for!  Sorry no pictures. They'll be an abundance after this trip and our move. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

The Earley's said...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I keep hearing about all of the things that can go wrong at this stage, too. It really scares me as well.

Melissa said...

Well, it's a good thing you're super woman! I can totally relate to trying to move and being very pregnant. I just wish I could be there to help out!

p.s. now I understand the reason for you never calling back:)

Brad said...

So funny how parallel our live are right now. Rainy northwest, moving into a new house, taking a big trip the same week of the move, extremely busy at work, and expecting baby #3. Good luck with the move, and I hope you are able to relax and enjoy the trip.

Andy Erekson said...

Trips? Babies? Moving? Blog about something interesting for a change, like taxes. Better yet, post some pics of Aaron doing taxes. Just an idea.