Saturday, April 10, 2010

these are a few of {her} favorite things

Brooklyn has a couple of funny quirks

Brooklyn was a binky baby... it became our nemesis.  We finally broke her of it and then she found her thumb.  Grrrrr! There is only so much you can do.  It finds her way into her mouth often.

The other "love" of hers is quite weird. When she was born a good friend of ours, Jessica Rydalch made her a pink blanket that we used to throw over her car seat.  Well, this was the blanket that she attached herself to and now she cannot be without it.

That is not the weird part.  There happens to be  1 fringe that is her favorite.  Every time she has her blanket she takes her fingers and quickly searches the perimeter of the blanket to find one!  It is tattered and brown and withered from love.  Oh but it does not stop there. Then the beloved fringe either gets placed in the ear, or the nose.  I know, I know..... I can't explain it, and it never fails to make me smile and shake my head!

We love you Brook! 

4 comments:

Samye said...

Halle does the EXACT SAME THING!!! She has a certain part of her blanket that she uses as a soother too!!

Each Life that Touches Ours for Good said...

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it!!! She is a doll face!

Melissa said...

She's still such a little cutie pie! Sounds like her and Clark would make the perfect couple (hint, hint:). We miss you guys!

Kristy E.B. said...

Such the funniest thing!! Wonder how kids get these bizarre habits? Hopefully the one fringe doesn't get so loved it falls off someday!