Wednesday, March 31, 2010

little boy things can be fun too


Even though I know this is a baby boy coming, I am still having a hard time making purchases for this little guy.  While mom was here last week she helped me get started by getting me some adorable receiving blankets and a new cover for my boppy. I also picked up this little outfit and hit the jackpot by finding the most perfect blessing ensemble. Most are shiny and garish that look like little tuxedos. Not for me. You'll have to wait to see it though until we bless him. 

In pregnancy news, I am feeling great.  I am 24 weeks (How many months is that? I can't ever figure it out) and have been enjoying feeling baby boy move constantly. It never ceases to amaze me how incredible my body is for growing this life inside me.  I feel fortunate that I am still exercising and trying to be as active as I can. I don't feel as big with this pregnancy as I did with the girls.  I still feel hungry and want to eat all the time. I guess that is why I make myself do something physical each day. I've gained about 14 lbs so far and hope to not spiral out of control as the belly continues to grow.  It is hard to be good when you know you will inevitably be gaining weight no matter what. 

We still don't have a name. Aaron doesn't seem to feel any urgency in even discussing names. If we do he comes up with ones like Chipper (a braves baseball player) or Carlos. I think he does it to drive me nuts. 

It works sometimes.... but I still love him

We bought a van a few weeks back also.  (Silver 2008 Chrysler town and country... I know someone will ask)  The girls think it is so cool and I love the space.  It has taken a little while to get used to driving something that seems so big.  We also move into a house the end of next month. (We're renting) I am looking most forward to more space, including  a spacious 2 car garage.  I panic a little at the expenses that are starting to accumulate with adding one more to our family but can't wait to meet our precious baby boy!

11 comments:

Adrianna said...

Why don't you just name him Red and be done? In honor of Dad AND his favorite team. Win, win!
ps. the word verification below is "Manti," appropriate, I think. :)

Kristy E.B. said...

Wes says not to steal the name Seven, ha ha.

Samye said...

I HATE picking out names. I always blog hop just to look at kids names (creepy??). I am so excited for you guys, you will LOVE having a boy-they are just so much fun!!

Rachel said...

I love the blankets- and outfit! I can't wait to see the little guy... Will he be a red head or blondie?

Melissa said...

Wait, where are you moving to? I guess I should call you to get all these questions in my head answered. Good luck with the name...boy names are the hardest!

meg said...

glad to hear you're feeling well. it's funny to read this entry because we are in the same place in so many ways. congrats on the house and the van and those clothes and blankets are darling. hooray for little boys too!

Erin said...

seriously little boy clothes are the best, not as great as girl clothes, but still awesome! I always get sucked into buying brady soemthing when we go shopping!! love the blankets!

Shannon said...

Boy stuff is so fun. I find that I make most of my really cute things because we're just not into the "baseball" stuff or "all star" outfits and blankets. And if it makes you feel any better I'm only 14 weeks and I've gained 17 lbs....beat that. Talk about a fatso. I'm glad to hear your feeling well. The name Harris is nice.

Tiffany said...

What an exciting time! I told Robert that if we are having a boy that I'm going on a GAP shopping spree. I love their little boy clothes. Good luck with the move!

Jenna said...

A van AND a house, you go suburban Tonks family!!

Luke said...

Jamie,
NIce work on finding a blessing outfit already. That is always a huge stress from me, and I can never find a thing non-tuxedo looking. Good luck with the name.