Monday, July 28, 2008

Leavin' on a jet plane


On Saturday the girls and I are leaving to California for a vacation to see my dad and step mom. We are so excited, but I was wondering if anyone has any traveling with toddler tips that may be of benefit to me. I want to be as prepared as possible so anything that has worked for you that may help ease my airport/plane stress would be greatly apprecaited.

9 comments:

Sherry said...

Yay for Cali! You will do great! and so will your little ones. Just buy lots of things from the dollar store and surprise them with a new toy every once in awhile, oh and food! Good luck

Adrianna said...

Benadryl.

Unknown said...

We have the kids take Dramamine Aubree gets sick on airplanes and so we give it to her so she dosen't barf. But we also go to the dollar store and not show them new things until they are getting crazy. Good luck, it is not that bad and it is over before you know it! Call me if you need anything!

PSYCHMOM said...

The only thing that worked for me was the DVD player. Loved it! If you do try drugs, make sure you do a test run before. The ol' Benadryl back fired on me (meaning it made her more hyper) and we both ended up in tears.

Brad said...

We're leaving for California on Saturday too. You guys need to come to Refugio at least one day. We'll be there all week with the Thompsons.

As for toddlers on a plane: we just stock up on DVDs at the library and watch a few movies on our laptop. Jane loves Charlie and Lola.

Ali said...

Dum Dum suckers
stickers
magna doodle
crayons, paper
books they've never seen before (or anything that's "new" to them)

and last the best...

the DVD player

I agree that you should do a test run with the benadryl. some kids fight it and it makes them...mad, wires others. Good luck. I'll be flying with my kids to slc on saturday too!

Aubrey said...

Hmm, good luck with that. I really just got on here to look at what everyone else said because we are going to Utah in August and I am not looking forward to it. Its true about the Benadryl though, it never worked for Ella.

Denise Stears said...

I always packed coloring books. Also Macey was just so excited for the peanuts and drink they give you, that kept her busy eating peanuts the whole time.

Marci said...

for safety reasons I've changed my blog address to
marci-oureverything.blogspot.com
and would appreciate if you'd only show my first name on your blog, thanks!!!