Sunday, January 27, 2008

Watch out for that first step......

Yesterday we had a primary activity for our ward. I needed to go because I teach and it was Anna's first activity for Sunbeams. We have been having very awful weather as well so it was very cold and rainy when we were leaving. Anna didn't want to hold my hand to the car so I told her to hurry to the car so we wouldn't get rained on. I went out before her when I slipped and "WHAM!!!!!" I hit the ground so hard. There was freezing rain and I went down hard. I felt the worst pain I have felt in a long time. I had dis-located my shoulder and I suddenly started to panic. In my mind I saw my self in the emergency room with some nurse trying to get my shoulder back in its socket. Anyhow, luckily I was able to get it to pop back in place and I crawled back to our door in tears. Neadless to say, I am really really sore today and hoping that it gets feeling better. I joke that I lived in Rexburg for 5 years and never fell once, and now I slip on some "rain" and bust my shoulder. It could have been so much worse. I was just glad I wasn't holding Brooklyn or something.


Anna today watched me straighten my hair and asked if I would do that to hers. I didn't think that she would sit still but she did a great job and I thought she looked so cute. She looked like a different little girl to me. She kept saying, "Mommy my hair so so long and soft." By the time church was over the curl was creeping back in but it was just fun to see what she would look like.






I also had to post a picture of my new mirror. I love it and am so glad that Aaron let me splurg. It makes our room look so much bigger as well. If you look close you can see Anna in the kitchen on a chair.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--Anna's hair almost doubled in length when straight! I think it looks way cute like that . . . but then again, so do her luscious curls! :)

Samye said...

Her hair does look super cute like that!! But, I am sure that you won't spend too much time doing that...especially on a day to day basis!! Love ya!

Denise Stears said...

I can't believe you popped you shoulder out of its socket. That must have hurt so bad. I hope you are ok. Anna's hair does look cute straight.

Tiffany said...

Oh, Jamie! I hope you are okay now! Anna's hair does look so cute.

Michelle and Judson said...

tooo cute. i wish i could. anna's hair is to die for. i don't have a phone i'll try to call you soon

Ali said...

At least you still survived Rexburg? I can't say the same, but I didn't fall on ice, I tripped on a curb. Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. Anna's hair is so cute in these photos, but I have to say, that I am a HUGE fan of her natural curl. Darling girls!

Rachel said...

I hope your shoulder is felling better and that you don't have to iron with one hand anymore:)

Watch out for the flat iron! Maisey had REALLY curly hair and in the last year after cutting about 15 inches off it is forever straight:( Anyway, she started asking me to straighten it around 3and now she is close to 5 and asks me to everyday! I obviously don't because I don't want to damage it or program her to be high maintenace (I think it is too late and that she did that one one her own),but she loves the flat iron as much as I do!

Rydalch Family said...

I bet you were dying!! Were your girls scared! I hope you are feeling better! There is nothing worse when mom is sick or hurt!

Brady Fam said...

Oh my gosh, I can just imagine the terror that flew through your mind (as the pain was shooting through your body). I sure hope you were able to get some good rest following that!