My dear friend Samye has "tagged" me to write about things that I am thankful for. I am actually so grateful for this opportunity because I have been reflecting lately on all that I have and the responsibility that I have to give back to others because I have been so blessed. I don't usually journal on my blog for a couple of reason. #1 I don't have the writing skills or wit that many of my fellow bloggers have, and #2 It is a little scary to feel so vulnerable to those who visit blog. So I will do my best!
1. My Husband: Aaron is my rock. I am so lucky to have a man that works so hard for our family. He is currently working full-time, studying for the CPA Exam, full-filling church responsibilities, helping me at home with our girls, and just being a great man. I am blessed that he is my companion and partner. I love you.
2. For my Beautiful daughters, Anna and Brooklyn. They are my biggest joy and challenge. Is that possible? I am so blessed to be a mom and to have the responsibility in teaching and learning from my kids. I am often over-whelmed at how scary our world is. It reinforces to me how important my JOB as a stay at home mom really is. I look forward to our family growing in the future.
3. For the Gospel. What can I say. I love this gospel more than I can express. It is because of my faith and covenants, that I am able to be with my family forever. Wow!
4. My health and that of my family. I feel so blessed that I can wake up with my kids and Aaron and get on with our day and enjoy all the beauty around us. I think about parents who have kids who are very sick or other problems that make even the most basic tasks very hard. Next time I complain about Brooklyn throwing her food on the ground after she's finsihed, I remember that I could have to help a child who can't walk or speak.
5. My Freedom. Watching the news makes me very anxious sometimes. I become very overwhelmed at the great evil that is out there in the world. I have to remember that my Father in Heaven is in control and that if I live right everything will be alright in the end. We are blessed to live in America.
6. Yummy Food: This probably seems like a weird one but I am really grateful that I can go to a grocery store that is stocked with delicious and healthy food. There are so many people who just don't have enough to eat, and don't have the variety that we do. It makes my job at making dinner so much easier. and I just love to eat :)
7. A warm place to sleep at night. I am so blessed to be able to lay my head down each night and know that I can sleep in a warm safe place and that my girls can rest in a warm bed safe from the elements.
This is vary random and I could go on and on but those above just about cover it. I am going to Tag: Erin, Aubrey, Denise & Alison
4 years ago





1 comments:
Such a great idea! The kids and I are working on our "Thanksgiving Tree". (I'll show pictures when it's finished) anyway, It has made us all stop to think of all the things we are grateful for. I love the little things our kids have said! It reminds me to be thankful for the little things also!
Post a Comment