Wednesday, December 7, 2011

some things... have got to give

I've come to the conclusion that right now, in the midst of pregnancy yuck, there are a few things in my life that are just going to have to go by the way side, or simply not happen.  It makes me extra discouraged that this "3 month flu" I like to call it, happened to hit during all the holidays, especially Christmas.  I've had to come to the realization that this year is going to be different and hopefully my kids won't be scarred for life because of an absence of baking, cooking, getting dressed on my part, laundry, treat making, and a lack of an over-all Christmas-y disposition.  Poor Aaron comes home from work, usually cooks dinner, cleans up and then I am in bed around 8 pm. 

I really have so much to be grateful for though. High on the list is unisom so I can sleep. zofran for my nausea, my family and friends who have been so willing to help out with kids, errands and picking up the slack in my calling, and the bus that takes the kids to school in the freezing temperatures.  Really I am blessed to be able to be a mother and have this baby. I know that there are so many who would love to feel as bad as I do, just to have a baby.  I remind myself that this isn't going to last forever and this is probably going to be our last one. I am trying to live in the moment of each part of it and not wish it away. Even though I am counting down the days until I feel like myself again.  I remember with Anna thinking things like, I am never going to sleep again, I am never going to be able to sit though sacrament meeting in church again,  and I'm never going to loose this weight. Although with each baby your life does change drastically, some things do get back to more normal, and they don't last forever.  I guess that is the perspective that you gain with time and experience.

3 comments:

Ali said...

It's hard work making such a special family! It's nice that experience teaches our husbands that this phase will also pass and way to go Aaron for stepping up when you need to rest. I think my husband is still wondering when I will stop wearing pajamas. ;)

Kristy E.B. said...

Hang in there. Glad you're trying to keep an eternal perspective that this will all be worth it someday.

Courtney B said...

so true. i am feeling the same way and it has been way hard... and some nights dan works ALLLLL night. just have to remember this is a short amount of time. you have a better outlook on it than i do most days... sitting in my pj's :) hahaha