Last weekend there was a small flee market in town. I found a few great things and this old, empty window frame was one of them. I scored it for $10! oh ya I knew that I wanted to make it into a bulletin board for our office. I have seen similar things in Pottery Barn and such for upwards of $150 dollars! What!?!
Our Walmart carries a 4 pack of 12 X 12 cork tiles (Surprisingly it is hard to find cork board loose; as in not already made into a bulletin board) I started by cutting out a thick poster board to the size I needed to cover the back of the window. Then using spray adhesive I glued the pieces of cork board to the poster board, cutting (not prettily I might add) the cork to fit.
Note: It didn't matter how the cork looked because it was going to be covered any way!
Last I bought burlap at my local fabric store and covered the cork board using a staple gun, (Thanks A... he did that part) and then attached a metal wire across the back to be able to hand it.
Ta Da! I love it! Anna informed me that it was ugly and we needed to paint it. I explained to her the reason it was love at first sight when I spotted her, was because of her old, rustic, peeling paint. Go figure!
Grand total: $21.00





8 comments:
I love your cork board!! And that darling comment about gardens...cute girl :)
Totally jealous! You think this cheap craft would convince Judson to love Rexburg again....uh nope probably not haha
Soooo cute! I love old windows, panes, or frames! counting down the days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MISS YOU!
so cute! What a great idea!
You definitely see the potential in the frame....I wouldn't have seen what it could've been, but it looks great!
Oh my gosh! I love it!!!! I have a new love of reusing old things. So much character! Good job! And for that price, yay!!! I keep thinking I want to find a flee market, I bet it is so fun to walk around and find neat treasures.
very cool! Love it!
You're so creative Jamie, love it! We were sad to miss all of you at the reunion. We tried to make it work, but it was too much. I hope we'll have another one very soon. Or, we'll come see you next time we're in Rexburg :)
~Mandy
Post a Comment