Thursday, July 21, 2011

1

Our sweet Carter, you were born a year ago today.  Your daddy and I were so excited to find out we were going to have a son, and your big sisters were so excited to have a baby brother.  You came two days after my due date in Portland Oregon. My labor was relatively quick and I was overcome with emotion when you finally arrived. The first two things I noticed were that you had redish hair, and that you had a little dimple in your chin, just like your daddy. You were a champion nurser from the very beginning and were just an Angel. You were content and happy and slept great.  Anna and Brooklyn could not get enough of you. 
Family of 5

Blessing Day


Discovering your reflection


Your Papa loved you so much. I will cherish this picture forever.  I wish so much that you would have been able to grow up knowing this amazing man.



Carter we can't imagine life without you.  In the last few weeks I've seen the little boy in you come out. You are walking so much more, and it just looks funny because you are so tiny. Your hair always looked a little redish blond but after we cut it you look more blond.  You have the sweetest baby blue eyes and content disposition.  You love milk in your sippy, toast for breakfast and watermelon.  You also sleep great which makes for a happy mom. My favorite thing in the world is to go get you in the morning. You're always standing on your bumper, on your tippy toes, smiling from ear to ear.  When I get close you raise your hands up and reach to be picked up. You are a joy and light in our family!

Happy Birthday Carter boy!

7 comments:

Ali said...

Happy Birthday Carter! I can't believe he is one! What a sweetheart.

Kristy E.B. said...

Can't believe our babies are one! Sad they won't get to be buddies. You will have to come back to visit sometime!

Each Life that Touches Ours for Good said...

Carter has become attached to my heart! So grateful to be there when he was born (I mean right there....), and to have been around his sweet little disposition this past year. You guys are doing a great job! Happy Birthday little guy!

Michelle and Judson said...

Oh my gosh...too cute as always, we are even more excited to have such a happy boy in our life! Can't get enough of that red headed lil thing! Can't believe he's a year!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday Carter Tonks!

Rachel said...

oh, little birthday boy! That went soooo fast and I miss him soooo much. He has always been smiley! I hope you guys had a great day and I can't wait to hear about your recent vacation/reunion!

Chelsea said...

He's so stinkin' cute! I can't believe he's one and walking. Miss you guys.