Tuesday, May 10, 2011

happy mother's day

 the kiddos... my greatest challenge and my greatest joy
 with mama
Brooklyn loves flowers, plants, bugs etc.  It is a well known fact that she wants to have a farm when she gets older. She informed me that I can be her assistant and that she would like to still live at home.  Spring is slowly arriving here, and as a result little dandy lions are popping up in the grass. She came in the other day, holding a fist full of dandy lions and said,

"Mom, do you think we could plant some of these?"

I smiled and informed her that those pretty yellow flowers were from weeds that would grow all by themselves. She smiled big and brought me a  whole bouquet.  

I had a wonderful day full of homemade cards and pictures. At school Anna wrote me a recipe for Octopus Soup.  This is how it went

Recipe for: Oktpos Soup
by: Anna Kay Tonks

Ingredients: you need 1 oktpos and you need 2 cups of brown srgr (sugar) and 1 bag of wodr (water) and por (pour) it in a bathtub and put the oktpos in the bathtub.

I feel so blessed to be a mom. The past few weeks I've had a lot on my mind about motherhood.  Maybe if I have time and/or energy I'll try to articulate it here on my blog so that someday my girls can read it. 

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Please articulate! I love reading and hearing whats on your mind!

So, was the spaghetti worth it? Was Carter stained?