
Against my better judgement I decided to caravan back to Idaho with my in laws when Carter was just 2 1/2 weeks old. I think if it would have been with my first I never would have done it, but anticipating the month of August alone, while Aaron worked 70+ hour weeks I decided it would be better to brave the torturous drive than to be single parent at home. Also Angie was going to be there with her girls, so why not. Despite the truly long car ride I was so glad that I went. Carter was absolutely wonderful both there and back and the girls did as well as can be expected. The weather was so beautiful while we were there. We spend a lot of time outside in mom and Alain's beautiful back yard. The girls called it "Nana's park." They have a huge garden, a play structure, a gloriously relaxing hammock, and the most delicious raspberries that we picked and ate until we were sick. Heaven! We went on scooter rides, 4-wheeler rides, made smores in the fire pit, went to Bear World, shopped, ate, relaxed, and ate some more. It was so nice to be able to just relax and know the girls could play with their cousins, I could take care of Carter, and hang out with my mom and big sis.
Gary had to work and Lynette was just getting back to work at the school, so we spent less time with them, but still made many memories. The girls loved to go to "grandma's school" and eat lunch with her in the cafeteria. The girls played in their awesome play room and loved the Chocolate milk that grandma would being home for them. We missed Aaron so much but I knew he could work without worry and feeling bad about being gone so long.
Raspberry milk shake mustaches
Before church
Grandma and Grandpa Tonks took us all bowling and Grandma Tonks beat us all.
Brooklyn, super cool Ryan, and Anna!
Brookie and her papa
4 comments:
How long was the drive? It sure looks like it was worth it! What a fun group of cousins your kids have :)
OK... I just told someone today that it was crazy when you were all here, but I'm really missing you all... especially Carter's cute little "neck!" Give them all kisses from Nana
You are brave, but I'm so glad the little man behaved himself. How fun to get to spend time with your family. Your girls are getting so big and they're just beautiful!
~Mandy
alain did such a great job on that backyard! what a fun grandparents house to go visit with all those fun things to do!
Post a Comment