Thursday, June 3, 2010

Yee-Haw!!!!

 Last week my dear friend Rachel came over and helped me sew the crib skirt for the babies room. To be compleatly honest, she pretty much did the whole thing. I cut a little, measured and ironed but she was the brains behind it.  It only took us about 4 hours but I think it was so worth it. 
We did a small pleat in the front and then had the other sides just hang straight.  I love a ruffle for a girl but this was perfect for our little guy.  I bought 3 yards of fabric and had plently left over to make some burp cloths or other things for the room. 

7 weeks to go!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

LOVE the fabric. You could use burlap for some accent pillows in that room. Apparently burlap is really in right now for decorating...who would have thought??!

Kristy E.B. said...

So cute! Glad it turned out great. I need to stop by tomorrow to get those paper mache things from you--I'll give you a call.

Each Life that Touches Ours for Good said...

I commend Rachel to the "best friend in the world" Hall of Fame! She is the best! It is adorable.

Rachel said...

What a bad picture- at least my tongue isn't protruding like my husband's does when he's concentrating. I will be a good sport since I love ya!

Michelle said...

So fun J! What a friend