Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Idaho Vacation- July 2009

We've been looking forward to our annual trip to Idaho for sometime. It has always been convenient that my mOm and Alain, and Aaron's parents live 10 minutes from each other so that we can make the most of our trips. We had a great drive out. We were driving our truck back to sell it, and so it was great to have two cars to split up the girls. They tend to bother each other quite a bit being in such close proximity to one another in the back seat of our car for that long. We made it there in a quick 12 hours!

I was especially looking forward to this trip because it was the first time in way to many years that my brother, sisters and I were all together with our families. The trip started off with a Myers family reunion at my Aunt Tam and Uncle Neil's ranch in Wyoming. Their property is truly Heaven on earth. There was breakfast, family history, volleyball, horseback riding (The girls were in Heaven ) , 4-wheeling, yummy grilled burgers courtesy of Uncle Neil, Texas sheet cake, pictures, awesome thunder and rain storms scattered throughout the day, patriotic songs, a flag retiring ceremony, fireworks and roasted mallos! I know Grandpa Ken and Grandma Mae were smiling down on us. It was a great day!





Me and mOm




Brandon and his boys

Anna, Ellie, Paige, and Brook.... goin' for a ride

Happy 4th of July





The whole gang!

We also had a great 4th of July starting out with the good ol' Rexburg Parade. A little disappointing if you ask me but the girls had fun chasing the candy and I stayed busy making sure they weren't run over by a float or car.

Amanda with Josh and Isaiah




That night we went to the rodeo which is always so much. Each year I get emotional when they bring in the flags and they play the anthem. We live in such a great country and I am proud to be an American.





Ellie and Anna waiting for the calf

At one point in the rodeo they asked all kids 5-8 to come down in the arena. Anna didn't really want to but with Ellie going down and some encouragement from me, she went. They let a calf go in the arena with dollar bills attached to its back and let the kids run after it and try to get the money. Before they let it out Anna nervously leaned over to me and asked,

"Mom, what are they letting out?"


It never crossed my mind to explain to her what they were going to let out. All she had seem come out of the shoot before that were bucking broncos and huge bulls.



We spend the rest of the trip hanging out, eating too much (I think I gained 5 pounds in 10 days, ouch!), having a family talent show, visiting friends, playing games and laughing until our cheeks hurt.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I love all the pictures! You have already had such a busy summer!

Erin said...

how fun! It's crazy how all your siblings are married and almost all have kids! I remember when we were all little! how fast time goes!

Each Life that Touches Ours for Good said...

Come back!!!!

Kristy E.B. said...

Looks like such a fun trip! It was fun swimming with you guys yesterday...we'll have to get together again soon!`

Stewart Family said...

What a fun trip. I'm sure the highlight was playing games at our house! haha It was so fun to see you guys, hope you can come again soon.

Gina woodhouse said...

What an awesome way to celebrate the 4th of July! You look great with your long hair and your mom still looks so young. Good memories for you all.

Julie and Pete said...

You took fantastic pictures! What a fun trip.

ABBOTTLAND said...

Wow! You got some terrific pics. It looks like you had a lovely trip and got to spend some wonderful times with family and friends. Your girls are getting so big, they're so pretty!
~Mandy