Sunday, May 11, 2008

Why I love being a mom

Boy do I love these little girls. I had tears in eyes today as I watched Anna sing I am a child of God in sacrament meeting. It is a song that I have sang to her since she was a week old, and it is very special to us both. Last night I couldn't help but smile when I was rocking Brooklyn before bed and she looked up and said, "Mommy, you're my best friend." I was beaming with joy until Aaron told me she told him the same thing earlier in the day. I guess we can both be her best friend. Her other new thing is to say everything is her favorite. At the zoo every animal we saw was her favorite. IE: "Mommy rhinoceroses are my favorite," "Mommy turtles are my favorite." At home it changes with food or books we're reading. Her little voice is just the sweetest. She is getting big so fast and is just so smart. I love being a mom and am trying each day to savor every moment.











A lady at Aaron's work gave him 2 tickets to a PBS Elmo play event on Friday night. Aaron made it a daddy daughter date with Anna and they had a great time. They were able to go to a pre-party where Anna was able to take pictures and hang out with some of the Sesame Street characters. She got free stuffed animals, stickers, & coloring books. She was in heaven. I wish Brook and I could have gone but Anna recieved some much needed one on one with dad.



On Friday Anna wanted her hair straight for the Elmo shin-dig. I am always amazed at how long it is straight.



Happy Mother's Day to you all! We have the most important job :)

8 comments:

Rachel said...

You are such a wonderful, cheerful woman and a great role model and mother to your girls and other women.
----------
Maisey use to beg me to straighten her hair all the time when she was around 3 and now it actually is straight:(! I would've never thought it would go from Shirly Temple curls to thick straight hair... She sure knows how to primp for her date.

Stewart Family said...

Wow Anna's hair is gorgeous. What a good Dad to have one on one time with his daughter. Tell Aaron I am so impressed. Jamie, you are such a good Mom-what a great attitude you have. I really look up to you as an example.

Karen said...

beeeeauuuuuuuutiful hair!!! you do such a great job :o)

susana said...

Sound like you had a great mother's day. Your girls are getting so big! And I was reading your last post, we also have a wii, that we won at Jason's work party 2 years ago! So funny! It was also a raffle and when they read my number, I had no idea what it was. We have had lots of fun with it, but have also spent a lot on all the extra stuff. We do not have guitar hero yet, but my sister has it and it is so much fun!

Aubrey said...

Cute story! And your girls look so big! Anna's hair really is beautiful... we are fighting the twirling thing again. I will be amazed if her hair every actually makes it to her shoulders.

AMY MICHELLE said...

Your girls are so beautiful, there is no question why looking at their pictures with you!
It is so wonderful being a mom and to get to hear your kids sing to you on mothers day, it is a priceless moment.
Anna's a lucky lady having such gorgeous hair!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow--she looks like a teenager with her hair all sleek; how on earth did she grow up so fast??

Erin said...

happy mothers day! you are such a cute mom. seirously. anna has such gorgeous hair. are you in oregon now or idaho?