
Well a quick update. I hate to complain but I've caught another cold. The last one lasted almost the whole month of March. Then I was better for a week and then BAM... Sunday morning I woke up out of the blue sick again. I don't get it. I am the one always making sure I am eating well, taking my vitamins, exercising and trying to get enough sleep. I don't think mom's should be allowed to get sick. It's not like the world can stop because you don't feel good. Meals still need to be cooked, dishes to be done, Anna run to preschool, bums wiped (right when I was about to doze off for an afternoon snooze), and constant mediation between head strong little girls. Everytime I cough Brooklyn says, "Mommy no carfing," In our family the girls went through a phase where when they coughed so hard they would throw up. Now they've blended, cough and barf, and came up with carfing. Its pretty funny to hear her little voice come from the corner of the house asking if I'm ok.
My life was greatly blessed yesterday when my dear friend Adrianna offered to bring me dinner. I need the recipe by the way (Yummy sloppy Joe's) :) Aaron was so much help on Sunday but that is pretty much the only day he is home right now so I'm in survival mode. I call me sister Angie a lot and we lament about how things stink. Me with a bad cold, her being pregnant and so sick with her third, needing a break more than anyone. I still try to count my blessings. I have pictures to post but have to wait for Aaron to post them. Keep checking!
4 years ago





10 comments:
Ok, this is going to sound crazy but you HAVE to try the Neti pot ( I think that is the name) but you can go to CVS or any store and it is like a bottle, that you fill with warm water and some type of medicine stuff and you (here is the bad part) squirt if up your nose every day or twice a day. IT is an amazing product, I highly suggest it!! It will make your sickness so much shorter and you will find you don't get sick near as often. Anyway- enough ranting, hopefully you get feeling better faster this time!!
We have a neti pot but I got it for Aaron. I thought you weren't supposed to use it when your sick? I'll try just about anything right now.
Ahhhh! I hate colds. I have one right now too. I think we have caught every buy going around. I feel like it has been 4 straight months of colds. Moms should not be allowed to get sick, it is just unfair. Hope you get feeling better. The carfing cracks me up, what cute little girls.
Sorry that you are feeling so crummy-again! Just think- Spring is here and the warm weather should also be on its way before long... Less colds and bugs, and more Vitamin D for the mind and body!
One cold right after the other is the worst! That's how I was for the first month of Josh's life and I totally agree that mothers shouldn't be allowed to get sick. On a brighter note, I love the story of "carfing." The things kids come up with sure can bring a smile on such yucky days, huh? Good luck with it all. I'm glad you have such good friends around you.
Sorry to hear you're sick! It is especially difficult for a mommy to be ill because we aren't allowed to "call in sick" or take "sick days" the way the dads can!
Hope you are feeling better soon! We were all sick last, it is not fun at all!
Oh, I am so sorry... being sick it the pits and to keep getting sick, well you have the right to complain. The life of a Mother, we never really get sick leave. How nice to have a good friend close to help you out. Hope you feel better soon! ( and stay better!)
Mom's don't get "sick days" - depressing. I am sorry you are ill. Blah. Blah. Blah. No fun.
Post a Comment