Sunday, February 17, 2008

Costco... our love hate relationship

Well for me it is mainly a love relationship but for Aaron I'm not so sure. Whenever we go to costco Aaron always threatens that we are not going to renew our costco membership when it expires. To which I say, "Of coarse we are going to renew." Aaron's beef is that we can sometimes only get 4 things and we are already at $50. Sometimes that is true but you get such a great price on things. You also get so much that it lasts a long time; how can you go wrong. I swear that if we weren't so poor I could drop $500 dollars each time we go. This week our delema was an eliptical machine. I have wanted one for a long time. I really like... I mean need to work out. We have a little gym here at our complex but it just isn't practical. Aaron works a lot and I don't really like to work out at night and whenever I go, there is always someone on the machine I want. It would just be so much more practical to have something at home. So back to Costco, when we were there last we saw they had one in stock for a great price. Yeah! All we needed to do was wait for our tax return and voula, it would be ours. The problem is with costco is that if you don't buy something when you see it, it will be gone. I'm not sure if this sense of urgency is created on purpose by costco to force more impulse buys, but it worked!!! We bought it and love it. Three days later I was back for a few things and saw they were completly gone. Phew!!



A big thanks to our friend Ben. We asked him to come over to help us lift it out of the back of Aarons truck ( it weighed like 500 LBS) and he stayed for 2 1/2 hours to help us put it together. Thanks Ben!

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

How exciting! I got a tredmill for my birthday. It's so different trying to exercise when it's so cold and snowy! And I know what you mean about Costco...I never get out of there without spending atleast $100!

Lori said...

If I didn't know better I would swear Ben and Aaron share DNA - how can they be alike about so many things? Whenever I say I am going to Costco Ben says, "Are you sure you need to go there? Can't you just go to Walmart?" AHHHH! Congrats on the eliptical - how exciting!

Samye said...

HOW EXCITING!!! Welcome to the world of at home working out!! I LOVE IT!!! I am also so super glad to see some updated pics! I have missed you!

Rachel said...

Convenience is everything- even over space! That is great you don't even have to get dressed to go out and excercise.

Marci said...

That's so nice! I also loved the pics from the zoo. I'd love to take Jordan now that he's older. I love your little girl's red hair, it's so pretty!

Ellingsons said...

A real elliptical?! I'm so jealous because I totally want one. They are the perfect exercising machine. Right now my pseudo-elliptical that was way cheap will have to do until we can find a great deal at Costco too.

Ali said...

I want, I want, I want an elliptical too! Good call on buying when they had one. I love Costco but I have to confess, that we still haven't coughed up the fee for a membership. I simply tag along when my Mom or Mother-in-law go. You can't beat the price of their hotdog and drink, either!

Anonymous said...

Bravo! I can totally relate--once you have children, going to the gym just isn't practical (or possible!)

When Jared balked at the cost of my treadmill, I just said, "hey--I am SAVING you money! This is a lot cheaper than the monthly Prozac prescription I would need if I were trapped in my house all winter without the ability to exercise!" ;)

Marci said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog!