Sunday, December 9, 2007

Love this crazy life!

This week has been a crazy one. Aaron worked so so much. His latest night was 3 am. Yes, you read that right. Other nights were 11 pm. It is really sad when 8pm is early. I am so grateful though that he works so hard. We were able to go out on Friday night to his work party. It was at the Portland Art museum and was beautiful. The food was great and I think everyone else was enjoying the free alcohol a little much. We actually left to pick up the girls before it got to crazy. Maybe next year we'll stay to watch everyone become more inhibited! We were grateful to our friends the Rowe's for watching the girls for us. We've actually started to trade off baby-sitting every other weekend so that we can have dates. It has been wonderful.

Brooklyn has come down with a cold so that has been a bummer. Friday night I had to go into her room I swear, a dozen times. Three of those were because she wanted a song. Her favorite is "I love to see the temple." My rendition at 3am isn't that enthusiastic though. The other times she wanted a different Binky and some orange juice. I don't know if I am creating a high maintenance girl or if I was just feeling sorry for her because she didn't feel well. Last night she slept all night so hopefully we won't make a habit of it. I teach preschool this week so things should be busy.



I came into Anna's room the other morning to find her dressed, if you can call it that. She informed me that she was going to the store to do some shopping and that she had gotten dressed all by herself. I loved the cowboy boots with the too-too


We are looking forward to going to Rexburg for Christmas. It has been fun to recieve cards in the mail seeing everyone's beautiful families. I love this time of year remembering the birth of our Savior.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

yes silly we were married on the same day! i saw you once that day! well happy anniversary to you too!

Anonymous said...

LOL--that picture of Ana is hysterical! I have one like that of my daughter wearing angel wings, a pig-ear hat, and high-heeled boots . . . priceless! :)

So fun to hear about the work party; did you win any door prizes?

Aubrey said...

Oh, that is so Ella right now. She dresses herself everyday. At least Anna matches.. count your blessings! We have also gone to the store in rain boots, tu-tu and fairy wings. So cute. :)

AMY MICHELLE said...

I love seeing what kids put together! I would love to send you a card. If you get a minute please email me your address. (amyelmore3@yahoo.com)
Merry Christmas,
Amy