Monday, February 18, 2013

we're back

 
Life has been busy.  January always seems to go by in slow motion.  We had very, very cold weather which makes everything just a little bit harder. It takes so much longer to get kids out the door.  I try to stay as organized as I can but inevitably someone can't find a glove of a boot is missing.  I think I left for ward council one morning and the car temperature gauge said -20. That wasn't even with the wind.  It was bitter cold. I laugh though because when we finally get back up to 30 or so it feels like spring. No coats needed now!
We are looking forward to March because we usually get lucky to have a few days that will reach into the 40's. Lets hope.
 
The kids have been busy with school as always. I feel like the moment the girls walk in we have snacks, jobs, homework, spelling quizzes, church activities, piano practice etc.  Brooklyn has been doing gymnastics one day a week for about 6 months now and Anna decided to give it a whirl last week. I think they're both going to be great! 
 
Aaron is in full fledged busy season. Every year it comes and every year it is hard.  Aaron is working long, long hours and we are missing him at home.  He recently got a gym membership so he can go work out on his lunch, and break up the long hours at his desk.  Seems to be helping.  I count my blessings every day that he has a great job, even though it gets exhausting for the both of us.  Here are a few pictures to document what we've been up to and how we are growing... the kids that is! 
 
 

 





 
It's always nice when money is tight to find a beauty parlor with free services.. yessss!
 
 
In honor of my Step-dad who passed away two years ago on the 4th, everyone in the family was going to preform an act of service.  We decided to make cookies and valentine cards for a lady in our ward we didn't know well. She has MS and has been in and out of the hospital the whole time we've been in the ward. Her and her husband were very nice and I know the kids thought it was neat to do smonething for someone else.  Aaron and I are trying to instill the importance of service and doing for others.
 
 Mom got me a pom pom maker and boy has it been fun.  Here is my valentines garland
 Brooklyn made sure we all got a turn wearing the royal crown... not sure where anna was
 


Carter and his Deere
 
 

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the pics as always- and being able to hear your voice when I read! Love ya!