Wednesday, April 18, 2012

lately

 In an attempt to be a "fun mom" I decided to follow through with a pintrest find.  This one seemed easy enough and for once, I had all the supplies I needed on hand. What better time do to it than when our friend Caroline was over for a playdate. I give you....

"Salad Spinner art"

Supplies:
Salad Spinner
Washable paint (We had liquid watercolors to that worked great too)
Cheap paper plates trimmed to fit the bottom of the spinner

We had so much fun experimenting with different colors and techniques. Each plate turned out unique and beautiful




 Spring break weather in our part of the world is still pretty yucky. Lucky for Anna, who has recently become obsessed with trying to learn cursive, Nana gave her a little light box that has helped greatly to master those tricky letters. She stayed busy for a long time.
 While daddy was working the Saturday before Easter, Nana planned an Easter egg hunt and scavenger hunt for the kiddos.

 The scavenger hunt began with clues that led the kids to places all over the house.....
first in Nana's closet
 Then in the refrigerator
 Lastly in bathroom
 They had so much fun trying to figure out where they were to go next!  The clues were so cleverly written and ended with a great message about the Savior.

Right after the Easter egg hunt we had a big spill and everyone pitched in to help clean up. We soon realized how fun a vacuum can be!




 This is Carter's new face when we say smile. The girls think it is the funniest thing in the world. The more they laugh the more he wants to do it.  Hopefully by the time we take family pictures, we've found a new grin.

I have never seen Anna so excited about something in a long time. She started soccer last week and couldn't be happier.  She is always reminding me when practices and games are.  We are so proud of her for her hard work and are sure that this is going to help her build more confidence.  She is a bit timid to go after the ball but I don't blame her because there are some pretty aggressive boys out there.  Can't wait to see more games!






3 comments:

Adrianna said...

Oh wow! How are they all getting so big so fast?! Anna looks so much older! Even Sterling looks suddenly older to me and I see him every day. Remember when they were 3 or 4, holding hands in the park??

{Alynn} said...

I cannot tell you how much Caroline LOVES playdates at your house -- thanks so much for getting that ball rolling! Her artwork is being proudly displayed on our fridge! ...and Carter's new face!?! Adorable. I'm so in love with your little boy!

Tiffany said...

Jamie, you are such a fun mom!