Friday, June 4, 2010


 Brooklyn's 4 year well child visit was anything but smooth. When we got there and found out that she had an ear infection, & sinus infection. The pediatrician (who I don't really care for anyway) proceeded to do a lengthy inhaler treatment followed by an ear wax removal,  (which they billed me $69 dollars for. WHAT?!? She pretty much took tiny tweezers and picked out a tiny bit of wax. It took 2 seconds) and on top of that, everything else that they do at a well child visit.  After about 1 1/2 hours at the office, Brooklyn was done! So was I frankly.  Just as we were about to leave the nurse informed me that they forgot to do the vision screen.  They proceeded with the test and Brooklyn did not do well. I chalked it up to her being tired and just wanting to go.

I realized a few weeks later that we have a yearly eye exam covered under our insurance, so I made the girls their first eye appointments.  They were both great at the appointment.  The doctor commented that they were some of the best behaved kids that he had seen.  Anyhow,  we did find out though that indeed Brooklyn's eyes needed a little help. She is far sighted in one eye and has an astigmatism. Big sister was so jealous that she didn't need any. The doctor said it was a good thing that we caught it as early as we did. He said most parents don't think to take their kids in, and parents don't realize that kids can't see until they are struggling in school because they can't see the board or the letters all blur together when they try to read. 

She picked out some glasses that she liked (Purple with small butterflies and rhinestones on the side) and she has been doing wonderful with them.  I was worried that they were going to bother her and she would constantly be wanting to take them off but she has done great.

 

3 comments:

Kristy E.B. said...

Such a cutie! She looks adorable. Sorry we kept you up so late last night, but thanks for watching the kids!

Each Life that Touches Ours for Good said...

She looks so "smart!" Oh course...

Jenna said...

those are darling glasses!!