I feel like a total blog slacker these days but there really isn't that much new going on around the Tonks abode. Aaron is starting to get really busy with work which makes for long days, cranky kids who want their dad, and one tired mama. I am so grateful to my man for his early mornings, and long days working hard to bring home the bacon. There is one problem though when Aaron works late so I must make an admission.
I AM AN EMOTIONAL EATER!
I literally have to talk myself out of binge eating once I finally get the girls to bed because it will just make me feel good. So tonight I have to share that instead of eating the entire box of Samoa girl scout cookies I only had TWO! Yeah me.
(Brooklyn thought her monkey "Clark" needed to be in the picture too)
Whats a girl to do. Anyhow we had a nice weekend too. Aaron had to work Saturday but we did get to squeeze in a quick trip to the park. It was a bit chilly but Anna was so anxious to show dad how she has mastered the monkey bars.
Anna also went to a birthday party for a friend she goes to preschool with. It was a "fancy Nancy" party so the girls were supposed to dress up. She looked so adorable and had a great time.
I also had to include this picture of Anna's hair. Most people know that we get comments on her hair all the time. Everywhere we go we get comments on the color, or where did the curl come from. I realized last night during bath time that when its wet it is all the way to her little tush. She hates to get it brushed (knots in the hair and a sensitive head are not a good combination) Needless to say we've purchased many leave in conditioners and detangler sprays. There is little boy in her preschool who likes to stroke her hair. It always makes us laugh.
Thought I would also share what happens when your 4 year old gets a hold of your camera.
I am looking forward to Brooklyn's 3rd birthday this weekend. She is a sweetheart...most of the time and is getting big to darn fast. She continues to test my patience with potty training, and bedtime but I am just trying to enjoy each day while they are little. She loves to give kisses and will come up to me and say, "mom, can I give you a big squeeze?" or "mom, you're my best friend." Oh those make it all worth it.
My mom is coming to visit for a week the end of March and I am SO excited. This will be the first trip out for her since we have been here and I look forward to hanging out, playing, and eating! Can't wait to see you mom. Until next time!
4 years ago





7 comments:
Totally understand the emotional eating thing. When the kids are freaking out or right after a long day and I put them to bed, I'm searching the house for some chocolate. Maybe why my email address contains "chocoholic?" That's so exciting that your mom's coming--yeah!
haha, I know what little boy you are talking about! Hey, at least he isn't the one holding her hand ;-) It's true though, she has GORGEOUS hair, and I can't believe how long it is!! Hey, we should hang out as the lonesome wives.... feel free to call me any time your hubby is gone late, because mine probably is too! Ahh, school is fun....
I totally emotion eat during tax season!! Yesterday I had 3 1/2 donuts for breakfast and one after lunch. Uck! Wish you were here so we can keep each other distracted from being alone and grumpy. Why did you move from here anyway?! (HA!)
So funny! and Anna totally looks like "Fancy Nancy" too.
I love that feeling of the kids in bed and me plopping on the couch with a snack. Ahhh...I think I'll grab something right now!
The "self portraits" are so cute. You should keep those for Anna when she grows up. I look forward to seeing Clark the monkey on Sunday. :)
--look at all that green grass! I'm *so* jealous! How cool that you got to go to the park!
P.S. ONly 2 samoas? You are a tower of self-control! ;)
Post a Comment